Rochelle Gem Romero – Civil Engineer
I am Rochelle Gem C. Romero a graduate from the University of the Philippines Los Banos. I am a detail oriented licensed civil engineer in the Philippines with 3 years of working experience and I have a zest for solving complex problems. I am seeking to use proven analysis and design skills to improve quality, cost and time metrics for Civil and Construction Engineering.
The following are my skills:
• Excellent leadership abilities needed to manage design and analysis phase of a construction project
• An in-depth understanding of how to draw and interpret drawings and blueprints
• Proficient in mathematics related to engineering specifically geometry and conversions
• Good problem solving and analytical skills
• Knowledge of different types of materials and when to use each one
• Exceptional organisational skills needed to oversee large projects
• A responsible attitude and trustworthiness – always finish the job and deliver quality output and results
* Data-driven decision-making process – trust numbers and past success, not just guts
• Keen attention to details
During my first year of work, I focused on structural design engineering where I was able to analyse and design residential establishments to mid-rise and high rise structures. I was trained to do coordination meetings with architects, engineers from the electrical, MEPF field, as well as prepare construction drawings, documents and reports. I am proficient in STAAD, AutoCAD as well as in MIDAS GEN software.
I also have part-time experience in the academe where I handled civil engineering subjects for almost 2 years. I handled structural design, foundation design, and analysis of structures to CE students from Malayan Colleges Laguna.
I also worked as a Formworks Design Engineer in a Japanese owned company located in Laguna. I was trained to prepare formworks and scaffolding drawings for columns, shear wall, beam and slab supports, access scaffolds based on client requirements as well as prepare quantity take-off and contract pricing for different projects. I also was also involved in product development and branding where I was assigned to do the 45th year brochure as well as update technical data sheets and specifications for different scaffolding equipment.
I am experienced in the following software:
I can read and understand architectural and structural plans and documents. I am very passionate in what I do and my supervisors can attest to my professionalism, proven by the positive feedback I have garnered from them.
For a copy of Rochelle’s resume please click here.