Ma. Martha Trinidad L. Andes, CPA – Accountant
Hello 🙂 I am Martha, a Filipino Certified Public Accountant. I obtained my professional license in 2014. I graduated under the academic program Bachelor of Science in Accountancy before obtaining my license.
I previously worked as an Associate Auditor with one of the Big 4 auditing firms worldwide. I was assigned to perform the following:
• Substantive Analytics for interim and year-end audit procedures for Cash, Cash Equivalents, Interest Income, Administrative Expense, Prepaid Expense, Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Property Plant and Equipment.
• Walkthroughs and Test of Controls including generally accepted sampling methods
• Preparation, sending and summarising of confirmation letters for Cash, Accounts Receivable, Intercompany transactions and Provisions.
• Preparation of financial statements, special purpose financial statements as required by the local Board of Investments and special form of financial statements as required by the local Securities and Exchange Commission.
• Proofreading, preparing and reviewing financial statements
• Archiving subject to the firm’s Engagement Quality Review
• 100% grade for the team’s Engagement Quality Review.
I also worked as a Product Control – Risk and Profit & Loss Senior Analyst with one of the most known multinational bank and financial services company. I was tasked to do the following:
• Produces daily profit and loss (P&L) and risk numbers for the business lines assigned.
• Ensures that all trading activities are properly recorded and accounted for in the Bank systems.
• Provides accurate data to the businesses and downstream groups on a daily basis.
• Ensures that all controls embedded in the process are operating effectively.
• Reviews daily exceptions within the P&L.
• Provides analysis, explanation, and commentaries for the P&L.
• Reports and analyses risk exposures.
• Ensures that risk is correctly reported and explains any deviations.
• Calculates, posts, and provides commentary on daily P&L adjustments.
• Interacts with local and onshore Global Business Services colleagues and Front Office on trade bookings and P&L queries.
Early this year, I got my Board of Accountancy Public Practice accreditation to allow me to prepare and sign financial statements for local clients. So right now, I am working with several local and international clients mainly performing bookkeeping, payroll, management report preparation and review, financial statements preparation, and tax. I also assist international clients with BAS, GST, PAYG, Payroll Tax preparation and calculation. Further, I am a Xero Certified user.
Throughout my working years, I obtained a hunger for curiosity, process improvement, efficiency and effectiveness, and analytical and problem-solving skills, leadership potential and working stand alone as well.
I am single, living with my parents – my mum is a housewife and my dad has already retired. I am the youngest among the 3 of us siblings. Both of my elder brothers are now registered mechanical engineers.
For a copy of Martha’s resume please click here.